Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Continuous Media Drawings!

This one is called "The Birds"
I used conte crayons and wanted to use the eraser on it as well to see what would happen.  I liked the effect the plastic eraser gave me.  It reminded me of the birds that are on the farm that fly in huge flocks all around my house every day!






 This was  made with a variety of graphite pencils.  I call this one scarecrow. Just reminded me of it.  I think I was watching " The Wizard of Oz!" I changed my movement to be vertical and in a circle when I was drawing my shapes.  I really didn't have an intent idea.  It just came out the way!



This one is called " Farmer sleeping Chickens moving"  I used india ink and a flat brush as opposed to a round brush.  I liked it but didn't like the fact that I had to keep dipping my brush in the ink well to get more color.  I also didn't like the control or lack of control on the paper with the ink.



"The Storm" Medium was vine charcoal.  Love the feel of it, but hate that it is so easy to smudge.  




"New Years Eve in Times Square" Graphite pencils just went crazy not really paying attention and ended up looking like the title suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment