Monday, September 20, 2010

Space a New Frontier and all its dimensions!


This is my illusion of 3 dimensional.  However we know that it is only two dimensional. But the depth that O'keefe shows in a flower is absolutely astonishing to me. 


http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1276&bih=576&q=georgia+o%27keeffe+paintings&gbv=2&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=georgia+o&gs_rfai




I found this image on Google images.  This is definitely a 3 dimensional image for me.  I really liked it amazes me how the color pops off the page to appear as if you can grasp the colored threads.


O'Keeffe_Ram'sHeadWhiteHollyhockandLittleHills1935

This is another example of 2 dimesional with 3 dimensional work by O'Keefe.  I often find O'Keefe's work illusionistic at times.  Giving you perception that there is depth and yet sometimes there is not.  



This is definitely an examle of flat art.  When looking at it I really don't have a definition of dimensions in this painting.  Although it contains shading and doesn't show depth required for 3 dimentional illustrations. 



Here is another selection for an example of flat art. 




This is an example of ambigouos art.  There is the affect of two dimensional but O'Keefe created the flower to be almost life like with depth even using white.  Another of my favorites




This is an example of Illusionistic Art.  I absolutely in love with this kind of art.  I find it so fascinating that the Artist has made a side walk come to life with chalk.  I found picture after picture.  Truely amazing to me. 
designswan.com



Here are my objects all painted and ready to go!

 
Space and drawing can take on it a form all on its own.  I hope you have enjoyed my examples of spacial art.  I know I certainly enjoyed finding the examples to show you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment