Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gesture Drawings and Contour Line Drawings!


I found this difficult the first time that I did gesture drawing.   I wanted to make sure that the details were in place, when that is not the point of gesture drawing at all. It is getting the movement/motion of the individual.  After another 20 minutes with it.  Here is, I feel a better attempt. 


I felt much better about this attempt after 20 minutes of struggling with no detail.  The object is to relax and let go in gesture drawing.




This is my attempt at Blind Contour drawing.  Yikes! But my understanding is that it is supposed look like this. It was almost freeing to let go and just draw and not worry about where you were on the page, just focusing on the outer edges of things and shapes of them and where they connected.

This was my Orginizational Drawing.  I liked this as it gave me a prespective on where things were on the page and the lines and angles of the lines. 

This is my Contour Line Drawing.  Please find the picture of what I was drawing below all of these images.  By far this one is my least favorite to do.  I am although reletutant to say it did help me look at additional lines of what I was drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment